The Pearl Street Tanneries

MCC Tunnel Artifacts

An MCC Tunnel Artifact-Wooden Slat An MCC Tunnel Artifact-Iron Hook An MCC Tunnel Artifact-Cattle horn cores and miscellaneous bone An MCC Tunnel Artifact-A nearly complete canine skeleton An MCC Tunnel Artifact-Cattle horn cores and miscellaneous bone

A 1785 map shows the courthouse block divided into eight lots that belonged to George and Jacob Shaw, tanners. Taking advantage of the moving water of the eastern outlet of the Collect Pond and standing water in the surrounding swamps, the tanners sited their operations along the sill of land that eventually became Pearl Street.



Tour Guide Icon-Next
To our next stop on the tour
Tour Guide Icon-Go Back
Back to the previous stop
Picture of an Artifact
Feature Artifacts
Picture of Five Points
Five Points Home Page